National Merit Semifinalist or National Achievement Semifinalist 2014-2015
As a National Merit or Achievement Semifinalist, once you are admitted to UA with a 3.5 cumulative GPA, we will offer you a Presidential Scholarship, which pays the value of tuition for four years or eight semesters. You must be admitted by December 15 of your senior year in high school to receive this award.
National Merit Finalist or National Achievement Finalist Package 2014-2015
Students must list The University of Alabama as their college of choice with the National Merit Corporation by May 1, 2014.
- Value of tuition for up to five years or 10 semesters for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate studies
- One year of on-campus housing at regular room rate* (based on assignment by Housing and Residential Communities)
- A $3,500 per year Merit/Achievement Scholarship stipend for four years. A student must maintain at least a 3.3 GPA to continue receiving this scholarship stipend. If a corporate sponsored scholarship from the National Merit Corporation is received, the total value cannot exceed $3,500. (For example, if you receive a corporate sponsored scholarship of $2,000 per year, UA will contribute $1,500 per year to reach the total stipend amount of $3,500.)
- One-time allowance of $2,000 for use in summer research or international study (after completing one year of study at UA)
- Technology Enrichment
* Regular room rate is defined as the largest room option in a particular dorm. Example: Riverside, Lakeside and Ridgecrest have four-person suites. The cost associated with the four-person suite would be the value of the housing scholarship in this circumstance. If you live in an alternative dorm where double room occupancy is the largest available option, then the cost associated with the double room would be the value of the housing scholarship.