Alumni Scholar Award for 2018-2019
- Recruit children and grandchildren of graduates of The University of Alabama
- Send a clear signal to UA graduates that "we want your children"
- Enhance the academic strength of the freshman class and provide an avenue to assist in retaining UA students beyond the freshman year of enrollment
Guidelines and requirements:
- $4,000 scholarship paid over four years of undergraduate study ($1,000 per academic year) for students entering as new freshmen (no transfer students) who are children or grandchildren of a University of Alabama graduate.
- To qualify for the 2018-2019 academic year, the student must score a minimum 25 ACT or 1200 SAT and submit the Application for Admission (including all required documentation) online at apply.ua.edu as well as the Scholarship Application via mybama.ua.edu by the December 15, 2017 deadline. Students should self-identify by checking the box for the Alumni Scholar Award listed in the additional information section of the scholarship pages of the web application, and submit the “Alumni Degree Holder Form” also via mybama.ua.edu.
- Parent or grandparent must hold a degree (undergraduate, graduate, or law degree) from The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
- The qualifying parent or grandparent must be a current active member of the National Alumni Association. If the parent or grandparent is not a current active member, they may write a check payable to the “Alumni Fund” to immediately qualify the student.
- The Alumni Scholar Award is renewable for a total of four academic years of undergraduate study (eight semesters consisting of fall and spring) provided: 1) the student maintains a minimum cumulative 3.0 grade point average; 2) the qualifying parent or grandparent remains an active member of the National Alumni Association each year of the student's undergraduate career; 3) and, the student is enrolled in full-time on-campus courses each fall and spring semester (currently a minimum of 12 hours is considered full-time).