Alumni Heritage Scholarship for 2018-2019
- Recruit children and grandchildren of graduates of The University of Alabama
- Send a clear signal to UA graduates that "we want your children"
- Provide a tangible Alumni Association membership benefit for UA graduates
Guidelines and requirements:
- Scholarship for entering freshmen (no transfer students) who are children or grandchildren of a University of Alabama graduate.
- For academic year 2018-2019, high school seniors must submit the Application for Admission (including all required documentation) online at apply.ua.edu as well as the Scholarship Application via mybama.ua.edu by the December 15, 2017 deadline. Students should self-identify by checking the box for the Alumni Heritage Scholarship listed in the additional information section of the scholarship pages of the web application, and submit the "Alumni Degree Holder Form" also via mybama.ua.edu.
- Parent or grandparent must hold a degree (undergraduate, graduate, or law degree) from The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
- The qualifying parent or grandparent must be an active member of the National Alumni Association for three of the past five calendar years (period beginning January 1, 2013 and ending December 31, 2017). (Parent or grandparent cannot write check for all three years in one year.)
- The value of the award is $500 for the freshman year only.
- The student must be enrolled in full-time on-campus courses for both the 2018 fall semester and 2019 spring semester; currently a minimum of 12 hours is considered full-time.