Transfer Scholarships for 2019-2020
To be considered for the following scholarships, students must submit all admissions application materials by March 1before the fall in which they plan to enroll. Eligible students must transfer from a community college with at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA and 45 hours of completed coursework. Students may not have attended UA or any other four-year institution in order to be eligible for transfer scholarships.
To qualify for these automatic offers, students must be in-state residents and transfer from an Alabama community college.
- Community College Distinguished ScholarshipA student with a 3.75 – 4.0 cumulative GPA and at least 45 hours of transferable coursework will receive $5,000 per year for two years (four semesters).
- Community College Achievement ScholarshipA student with a 3.5 – 3.74 cumulative GPA and at least 45 hours of transferable coursework will receive $3,000 per year for two years (four semesters).
- Phi Theta Kappa Honors ScholarshipStudents who transfer from an Alabama community college with a 3.5 GPA, have at least 45 hours of transferable coursework, select the PTK Scholarship on the scholarship application, and show proof of membership will receive $1,500 per year for two years (four semesters). This award cannot be combined with full-tuition scholarships.
- All-Alabama Academic Team ScholarshipStudents named to the team will receive $1,000 per year plus a book grant of $300 for two years (four semesters).
Competitive scholarships are offered to students who exhibit strong leadership experience, community involvement, and academic excellence. To be considered for the competitive scholarships below, students must be in-state residents, complete the scholarship application, and transfer from a community college. Students awarded a competitive scholarship who are also eligible for an automatic award will receive the scholarship with the higher value.
- Community College Presidential ScholarshipTuition for two years (four semesters). Community colleges within the state of Alabama are eligible to nominate their students. Please see your community college President’s office for information on the nomination process and requirements.
- Financial Aid Community College Honors ScholarshipTuition for two years (four semesters)
- Community College Excellence ScholarshipTuition for two years (four semesters)
- National Alumni Association Community College Honors Scholarship$2,000 per year plus a book grant of $300 for two years (four semesters)
To be considered for this competitive offer, students must be out-of-state residents, complete the scholarship application, and transfer from a community college.
- Capstone Transfer ScholarshipCovers the out-of-state portion of tuition for two years (four semesters)
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
Transfer students must submit the following by March 1 prior to their intended fall enrollment to be considered for competitive academic scholarships:
- The application for admission
- The application for scholarships
- Official college transcripts from all colleges attended
To complete the scholarship application, go to myBama, log in, click the Admissions/Scholarships tab, and select the Application for Scholarships link in the Scholarships box.
Once a scholarship application has been submitted, changes cannot be made to the application online. All changes must be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarships using our contact form.