The University of Alabama offers some of the most generous scholarship opportunities in the country for qualifying students. Complete the steps below to maximize your scholarship and aid opportunities.
STEP 1: APPLY FOR ADMISSIONS & SCHOLARSHIPS
As a first-time freshman applicant, you must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Application for admission
- Official high school transcript
- Optional submission of official ACT or SAT test score*
- Visit UA’s International Admissions Requirements page
Automatic Merit Scholarships
If you are a qualifying main campus student, you will receive UA’s automatic merit scholarship through December 15 if enrolling in the spring semester and through May 1 if enrolling in the fall or summer semesters.
If you are enrolling in the fall or summer semester as a main campus student who is admitted by January 15, you will be considered for competitive scholarships, including competitive scholarships offered by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions & Scholarships, the National Alumni Association, academic colleges and other departments across campus.
If you are enrolling in the spring semester as a main campus student who is admitted by November 1, you will be considered for competitive scholarships offered by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions & Scholarships.
*The University of Alabama will not require standardized ACT or SAT scores from students applying through the Fall 2022 Semester. For more information, see UA’s Freshman Requirements page.
STEP 2: MAXIMIZE YOUR SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
To maximize scholarship opportunities, students who wish to enroll in the fall and summer semester should be admitted by January 15 or spring semester should be admitted by November 1.
All fall and summer semester admits that meet the January 15 deadline will be emailed instructions to complete UA’s Supplemental Scholarship Application.
2022 International UA Competitive Admissions Scholarship
All students admitted by the listed deadline are evaluated holistically, based upon academic and non-academic information provided on their admission application. Academic components considered include high school GPA and academic honors. Non-academic items include leadership experience, volunteer experience, extracurricular activities, employment and non-academic honors.
This scholarship has a value of $8,000 up to tuition.
- Spring 2022: Students admitted by November 1
- Fall/Summer 2022: Students admitted by January 15
- 1st Round: mid-December for students admitted by October 15
- 2nd Round: early February for students admitted by November 30
- 3rd Round: early March for students admitted by January 15
2022 International Freshman Automatic Merit Scholarships
|Scholarship||Test Score||GPA||Yearly Value|
|Presidential||32-36 ACT or 1420-1600 SAT||3.50+||$28,000|
|UA Scholar||30-31 ACT or 1360-1410 SAT||3.50+||$24,000|
|Foundation in Excellence||29 ACT or 1330-1350 SAT||3.50+||$15,000|
|Foundation in Excellence||30-36 ACT or 1360-1600 SAT||3.00-3.49||$15,000|
|Collegiate||28 ACT or 1300-1320 SAT||3.50+||$10,000|
|Capstone||27 ACT or 1260-1290 SAT||3.50+||$8,000|
|Capstone||28-29 ACT or 1300-1350 SAT||3.00-3.49||$8,000|
|Crimson Legends||25-26 ACT or 1200-1250 SAT||3.50+||$6,000|
|Crimson Legends||27 ACT or 1260-1290 SAT||3.00-3.49||$6,000|
- Spring 2022: Students admitted by December 15 with a qualifying GPA and ACT or SAT score by December 15
- Fall/Summer 2022: Students admitted by May 1 with a qualifying GPA through December of senior year and qualifying test score by February 2022
Qualifying admitted students will automatically receive one of these scholarships. Notifications are sent approximately 2 weeks following admission.
*The listed notifications are for Fall and Summer Semester 2022 admits only. Because several factors go into a student’s competitive award, it will not be uncommon for students admitted by an earlier date to receive a later notification. If you do not receive notification for an early round, your scholarship application will roll to the next round for further review. All Spring Semester 2022 notifications will be released in mid-December.
A student with a 4.0+ GPA and 36 ACT OR 1600 SAT will be selected as a Presidential Elite Scholar and will receive
- Value of tuition for up to four years or eight semesters for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate or law studies
- First year of on-campus housing at regular room rate (based on assignment by Housing and Residential Communities)
- $1,000 per year supplemental scholarship for four years
- $2,000 one-time allowance for use in summer research or international study (after completing one year of study at UA)
- $2,000 Supe Store book scholarship ($500 per year for four years)
If you are awarded a UA Competitive Admissions Scholarship but also meet the criteria for one or more Automatic Merit Scholarships, you will receive the highest of the scholarship offers.
Please visit the Scholarships FAQ page for additional details about UA’s competitive and automatic scholarship.
Please have standardized test scores sent directly to The University of Alabama from the testing agency.
- SAT code is 1830
- ACT code is 0052
- A Note About Test Scores: The optional writing section on the SAT or ACT is not required for admission or scholarship purposes. Only students who have taken the ACT or SAT prior to high school graduation with qualifying test scores and grade point average may be eligible for the above Automatic Merit Scholarships.
- A Note About Gap Years: Students who have taken a gap year between completion of high school and enrolling at The University of Alabama and have qualifying test scores and grade point averages may be awarded only automatic merit scholarships based on the amounts advertised for the year that the student would have enrolled immediately following high school graduation. Please reach out to Undergraduate Scholarships for prior year automatic merit scholarship values and its criterion. For a full listing of the Scholarship Gap Year Policy, visit our scholarship policy website.