In-State Merit Scholarships for 2020-2021
First time freshmen admitted by May 1, have a qualifying score on the ACT or SAT, and have at least a 3.0 cumulative high school GPA through December of the senior year will be eligible for the following merit-based scholarships:
|Scholarship||Test Score||GPA||Yearly Value|
|Presidential||30-36 ACT or 1360-1600 SAT||3.50+||Tuition|
|Foundation In Excellence||29 ACT or 1330-1350 SAT||3.50+||$8,000|
|Foundation In Excellence||30-36 ACT or 1360-1600 SAT||3.00-3.49||$8,000|
|Collegiate||28 ACT or 1300-1320 SAT||3.50+||$7,000|
|Collegiate||29 ACT or 1330-1350 SAT||3.00-3.49||$7,000|
|Capstone||27 ACT or 1260-1290 SAT||3.50+||$6,000|
|Capstone||28 ACT or 1300-1320 SAT||3.00-3.49||$6,000|
|UA Legends||26 ACT or 1230-1250 SAT||3.50+||$5,000|
|UA Legends||27 ACT or 1260-1290 SAT||3.00-3.49||$5,000|
|Crimson Achievement||25 ACT or 1200-1220 SAT||3.50+||$4,000|
|Crimson Achievement||26 ACT or 1230-1250 SAT||3.00-3.49||$4,000|
|UA Recognition||21-24 ACT or 1060-1190 SAT||3.50+||$3,000|
|UA Recognition||25 ACT or 1200-1220 SAT||3.00-3.49||$3,000|
Presidential Elite Scholar
A student with a 4.0 GPA and a 36 ACT or 1600 SAT will be selected as a Presidential Elite Scholar and will receive:
- Value of tuition for up to four years for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate or law studies
- One year of on-campus housing at regular room rate
- $1,000 per year stipend for four years
- $2,000 one-time allowance for use in summer research or international study (after completing one year of study at UA)
- $2,000 book scholarship ($500 per year for four years)
- The optional writing section on the SAT is not required for admissions or scholarship purposes.
- The writing section of the ACT is not required for admissions or scholarship purposes.
*For scholarships awarded only by Undergraduate Admissions – If tuition is being paid by an outside source, the scholarship dollars may be used for other educational expenses (room, board, books, etc.).
**Merit scholarships are typically awarded for a regular academic year which includes fall and spring semesters only (ie. 8 semesters over the course of four years). Merit scholarship awards will not exceed a semester’s tuition.