National Recognition Package Fall 2021
Students recognized by the National African American, Hispanic, Indigenous, or Rural & Small Town Recognition Programs who are admitted and provide a copy of their certificate via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 1, 2021 will be selected as a National Recognition Scholar and receive
- The cost of tuition for 4 years (8 semesters)
- $1,000/year stipend for 4 years (8 semesters)
- First year of undergraduate on-campus housing at regular room rate (based on assignment by Housing and Residential Communities)
To be considered for the National Recognition Scholarship at UA, students must be recognized by the College Board National Recognition Program. More details about this program can be found here.
To be eligibility students must:
- Take the PSAT/NMSQT by October of junior year
- Achieve the minimum requested PSAT/NMSQT scores (qualifying level may vary by state each year).
- Earn a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher by the middle of their junior year.
- Identify as African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Indigenous, and/or attend school in a rural area or small town.
- College Board will invite eligible students to apply for the program online.
- If you are granted national recognition by the College Board National Recognition Programs, your high school counselor or principal will receive a mailed award letter and you will receive a certificate and emailed notification in September of your senior year.
- Please submit your certificate to email@example.com before May 1.
UA Admissions Steps
In addition to the steps above, you should apply for admission to UA and apply for scholarships and financial aid by following the steps below. Please keep in mind that the following list does not include every step of the enrollment process or the financial aid process. More information is available on the pages linked in the boxes below.
- Apply to UA
The application goes live in July prior to your senior year in high school. Read more about the admissions process.
- Competitive Scholarships
Be admitted before January 15 to apply and receive priority consideration for all of UA’s competitive scholarships including diversity based competitive awards. Learn how to apply for competitive scholarships.
Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) beginning in October of your senior year. Please note, submitting your FAFSA by December 1 ensure priority consideration for all types of financial aid.
We will be glad to talk in more detail about the scholarship packages and application procedures listed here. If you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a campus visit contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-933-BAMA.