Alabama Prestige Scholars
To recognize outstanding achievements of Alabama high school students, The University of Alabama is offering the Alabama Prestige Scholarship to at least one student from every high school in the state.
Awarded to selected Alabama scholars with exemplary academic and non-academic achievements, The Alabama Prestige Scholarship will cover tuition for four years, as well as housing for the first year.
Who is eligible to apply?
To be considered for the Alabama Prestige Scholarship, a student must:
- Be an in-state student, attending a high school in the state of Alabama
- Have a 3.5 or higher GPA
- Submit an application for admission and all supporting documents by January 15
- Receive unconditional admission to UA
Facts about the award package:
- At least one student from every high school in the state of Alabama will receive the Alabama Prestige Scholarship, which includes four years of tuition and first-year housing. Larger high schools could have up to three recipients.
- This is a competitive scholarship, and review will be based on the strength and competitiveness of the admission application. This includes both academic and non-academic components such as course rigor, GPA, leadership, honors and activities or work experience. Students must be unconditionally admitted to The University of Alabama and have at least a 3.5 high school GPA to be considered for the scholarship.
- Recipients will be notified they have been awarded the Alabama Prestige Scholarship on their Consolidated Scholarship Offer Letter which is released in early March.
- Students awarded the Alabama Prestige Scholarship, who have previously been awarded Automatic Merit Scholarships, a Competitive Admissions Scholarship or program scholarships of lesser value, will be upgraded to the Alabama Prestige Scholarship.
- Students must submit their admissions application and all supporting documents by January 15 to be considered for this scholarship.