We’re investing in you, Alabama.
Committed to advancing the students of our state, The University of Alabama is offering the new Alabama Advantage need-based scholarship to remove financial barriers that keep Alabama residents from carving their own path at UA.
How to make your way to UA:
- Be an Alabama resident
- Be admitted by January 15 to maximize your scholarship opportunities
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) during your senior year. It opens October 1 and submitting your FAFSA by December 1 ensures priority consideration for all types of financial aid.
More information about Alabama Advantage
Alabama Advantage is the first of its kind to come from an Alabama college or university. The scholarship funds the remaining dollars needed to cover the cost of UA’s in-state tuition after scholarships and grants have been applied.
Alabama Advantage does not cover other charges such as fees, room and board, books, etc. Alabama Advantage is renewable for four years, or eight semesters, so long as the student remains eligible.
To receive the Alabama Advantage scholarship, students must:
- Be an in-state student
- Be eligible for the full Pell Grant
- Submit all financial aid package requirements and receive financial aid award by May 1
- Enroll full time with at least 12 credit hours per semester
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative UA GPA
You already have what it takes to be successful. The University of Alabama has the resources you need to turn your ambitious dreams into your greatest achievements. Come reach your highest potential.