The University of Alabama
Main Navigation

Scholarships for Transfer Students

Transfer students must submit the following by March 1 prior to their intended fall enrollment in order to receive priority consideration for academic scholarships:

The majority of the transfer scholarships are limited to students transferring from a 2-year community college. However, the Alumni Office has a limited number of scholarships available for students who are transferring from a 2-year or 4-year college/university. All transfer scholarships are for the fall term of the student's transfer year.

To complete the scholarship application, go to myBama, log in, click the Academics tab, and select the Application for Scholarships link in the Admissions box.

Once a scholarship application has been submitted, changes cannot be made to the application online. All changes must be submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarships using our contact form.

To be considered for the following scholarships, students must be admitted based on materials received by March 1 before the fall they plan to enroll and transfer from a 2-year college (with at least a 3.5 cumulative GPA over 2 years of coursework):

  • Alabama's Promise
  • Student Financial Aid provides 5 Community College Honors Scholarships — Tuition for two years (student must transfer as a junior from an Alabama community college)
  • National Alumni Association awards 10 Community College Honors Scholarships — $2000 per year plus a book grant of $300 for two years (student must transfer as a junior with demonstrated leadership skills)
  • Undergraduate Admissions awards 5 scholarships to All-Alabama Academic Team members — $1000 per year for two years plus a book grant of $300 for two years (student must be named to the team and enroll during the fall)
  • Undergraduate Admissions awards 5 Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships — $2000 per year for two years (student must be a member of the PTK organization at a community college)
  • Undergraduate Admissions awards 10 Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships to Shelton State Community College students — $2000 per year for two years (student must be a member of the PTK organization at Shelton State Community College)
  • The College of Continuing Studies, Adult Student Programs, awards scholarships to students ages 25 and older
  • Variable scholarships are available to, but not earmarked for, transfer students in Arts and Sciences, Communication and Information Sciences, Education, Engineering, Human Environmental Sciences, Nursing, and Social Work